lets connect:

Instagram

Friday, March 7, 2014

I mustache you a question.

Hi friends!

So, I have something so great to blog about today!
Firstly, who here thinks it is okay for women to have a mustache? Or any unwanted facial hair for that matter? I do! [said no one ever]  

I know for me I feel like I am constantly needing to wax my brows, or my "stache", or any unwanted facial hair....(we are being honest here. and every woman has facial hair so we can be open and honest about this! haha) and sometimes I just want something quick and easy to remove the hair without having to warm up my wax and get all the supplies out. (or in your case make an appointment to get waxed). Or I don't want my face to be red from tweezing if I am needing to go out that day.
I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION.
Note: this is not to replace being waxed, but merely a solution to get you by in a jam when you find you are seeing some unwanted hair...and your next wax appointment isn't for a while! 

Introducing...
Found at Sally Beauty Supply, Walmart, Target

Find this huge box at Amazon!
These are actually called "Twinkle". I am pretty sure the picture above is the same product, but they have different names, so I don't know if they changed names or what. They are the same thing. Both great. Also found on Amazon.


 Now, I know what you're thinking. It's going to make me grow back darker hair. It won't. The hair is going to grow back like whiskers. It doesn't. Those are myths. TRUST ME. I've done this on my own face. I did my brows, my lip, my jawline, and on my neck (under the ear area where most women have lots of "peach fuzz". And guess what, I don't have a beard or a mustache! Hooray! When it grows back it looks exactly the same as it did before. No dark bristly whisker hairs. Just the regular peach fuzz. And now with the purchase of my new found friends, I don't have to have unwanted hair!

You can use these:
  • on your face (brows, lip, jawline, chin, neck, etc)
  • on your bikini line (bring on summer!)
  • on your tummy
  • on your knuckles
  • on your tops of your feet and toes
  • inside your nose (this is the BEST)
basically, anywhere you have UNWANTED hair.

Now, lets be practical here. You obviously aren't going to use one of these to shave your entire legs. It is going to be much quicker to use a normal razor for that. But these are just so handy for when you notice you have some unwanted hairs that need taken care of ASAP. 

***ATTENTION: do NOT use a regular razor on your face.
These special razors are made specially for your face and areas that you do not want dark coarse hair to grow back, so use these instead!
The pack of facial razors that I bought I got at Walmart. Super cheap. Like maybe $3.00. And the pack comes with THREE. (Yes, you do need to change over to a new one once you've used it up a few times because like a normal razor, the blade gets dull.) Which is why my next purchase is going to be the TWINKLE -or- TINKLE (whichever one it is now) brand...and I'm going big and buying the huge box. THAT IS HOW MUCH I LOVE THESE. 
I read lots of blogs of girls who use these and that is what sparked my interest. Maybe I will let my 'peach fuzz' grow back and do a video of me using them to show you. You will die. It is so crazy how much hair we really have. I don't really notice mine until I'm either in the right light, or its starting to show in my makeup. (that's the worst, right?) So gross I know. It's embarrassing. That's why I'm sharing. To help a sista out! GET RID OF THE FUZZ!

BONUS: these razors double as an exfoliation to your skin! WHY WOULDN'T YOU LOVE THEM?
After you do this, your face will feel so amazing and smooth! And your makeup goes on and looks flawless. I don't really have a 'schedule' of how often I do this. I do it when I notice hair that I don't want. Sometimes I find myself doing it every week on different areas, but I wouldn't say it is necessary to have to do it every week. This shouldn't become a chore. These are awesome tools to help you quickly remove hair when you are in a rush and need it gone! Comment below if you have questions!

Try it out....see what you think!

xoxo,
ALEXA   

2 comments:

  1. GAH alexa i wanna try these but I'm scared haha. i will be ok right? i avoid salons due to poverty and waxing myself sounds terrifying, but this i can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa- do it!!! You will love these and love the results! Plus they are so cheap which is a definite bonus!!

    ReplyDelete